Olivea Ebanks is a Learning and Development specialist with extensive experience in developing Leadership in senior managers and the Judiciary of England and Wales. With over 30 years’ experience in learning management she was the first to design cross jurisdictional training for judges in Unconscious Bias Awareness, Appraisals and Mentoring skills. She has also worked on high profile projects like the Mubarek murder recommendations for improvement of prisoner treatment, and the Lammy Review: an independent review of the treatment of, and outcomes for, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals in the Criminal Justice System (CJS); commissioned by former Prime Minister David Cameron and chaired by David Lammy MP.
She is experienced at partnering with stakeholders, senior business leaders and human resource managers to: encourage changes in behaviour, progress people management strategies that deliver organisational change, embed inclusive values into operating principles, and leverage diversity partnerships, all with a focus on commercial results.
Examples of Olivea’s experience includes:
- Liaising with Permanent Secretaries and Director Generals to increase representation of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff in senior roles.
- Setting the strategic direction for design/delivery of leadership, mentoring, diversity & equality for the UK Judiciary. Setting training standards across the judiciary (UK & International). Equality Act training for judges.
- Using the Harvard Implicit Association Test for staff in government, drafting equality standards and action plans, investigating complaints of differential treatment, and running focus groups to report on perceptions of fairness.
- Designing personal development plans for Governors/high potentials as part of talent management and succession planning initiatives. Needs analysis, design/delivery of corporate Leadership programmes (Transformational & Situational).
- Delivering large-scale change programmes across Europe. Consulting with and coaching European MDs & Senior Managers to deliver best practice solutions in competitive emerging markets.
- Designing competency frameworks and organisational values toolkits for organisational development.
- Local community coaching and mentoring to help others develop their own personal power by identifying and challenging thought processes/experiences that erode confidence and self-esteem. Olivea supports local community projects aimed at empowering women and young people.
Masters of Science in Training and Performance Management with distinction, Level A & B Psychometric Operational Certificate (MBTI/16pf) British Psychological Society, Institute of Leadership and Management Executive Coaching & Mentoring (Level 7)
Connect with Olivea: